I decided to review the #LightTheWorld Christmas Initiative the LDS church promoted through the 2016 Christmas season.
- The video’s strengths are the general composition. The colors stay consistent through each theme. The colors and composition stays filmed in the evening with less intense colors than in the videos of Christ that are bright and filmed during the day. The music is consistent and each scene changes and moves with the music to make an overall consistent flow.
- The videos weaknesses would be the lack of narrative. Not all people are well versed in the stories of Christ, but even if they are not, it wouldn’t be difficult to follow. But adding some narrative could have improved the video.
- The video is trying to promote service during the Christmas season and the video provides simple, Christlike examples of how service can be given to those around us without make it too complicated. They took examples of Christ and applied it to an simple, every day action.
- This video uses excellent contrast with the different lights. The screenshot I used is a lit star, but just before this scene, the star lights up and the contrast increases and draw your attention to the perfect spot of the screen. Each implied line stops your eye at the golden section to help make the frame more balanced.
- This video was promoted heavily throughout the 2016 Christmas season throughout the LDS church, mainly throughout social media. There were several hundred thousands of shares and over three million views on the native video YouTube posting.