- What are the ad’s strengths? To me, the first strength of the ad is how tempting the sale price is. If something is 70% off, it is hard not to want to click and see what kind of stuff you can get for a great price. Or is that just the shopaholic in me? The second strength of the ad is that they show an entire outfit-this shows they have variety in their store. Third, I think the simplicity of the photo, layout, and ad wording is also a strength. They don’t go on and on. They just tell you the sale, and show a great, clean, high quality picture. It has a clear shop now button for those tempted to show like me, and also offers free shipping if you spend more than $50. Lastly, I like that they put their full brand name again on the side in a large bold print so that you remember their business name even if you scroll past the ad and don’t click on it.
- What are the ad’s weaknesses? A weakness of this ad could be that it uses click bait-which is a turn off to a lot of people who don’t like the typical sales ad. It also could be a weakness that this doesn’t appeal to both men and women. But not if they intended to target one market at a time. It was hard to find a flaw in this ad, as I think it is really good. It made me want to shop!
- What is the ad trying to accomplish with its design? I feel it is trying to accomplish a “full outfit” appeal, as well as simplicity and modern clothing. It is trendy with the graphic t-shirt and high waisted shorts. It is also appealing to teens and young adults more than older women. I think they were going for young, hip, and fresh. So they kept it modern, simple, and appealed to the sale price as young teens and young adults don’t usually have a lot of extra spending cash.
- How has the design used: Composition, Fundamentals, Contrast, Lines, Layout, Golden Section, Rule of Thirds, Not Half, Swiss Grid or Custom Grids? This design uses the exactly half layout creating their own custom grid. This works well because it appeals to a full body outfit. The lines are clean, and the clothes align with each other.
- What metrics (likes, shares, re-tweets, etc.) will be used to determine if the ad is successful? I think that the real metric with this ad is how many orders are placed. But, likes, shares, and comments are always helpful in getting those orders placed.
Latest posts by Melissa Holland (see all)
- REP Sponsored Ad: Romwe - June 28, 2017
- Why Water? | 5 Benefits You Probably Didn’t Know Water Was Doing For You - June 9, 2017
- REP: Old Navy Article Promotion - June 1, 2017